Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ranting today

My brain has been slightly scizophrenic this summer. I spent the first several weeks ridiculously depressed, followed by several weeks of being blissfully happy and content. And for the past 2 days I've been feeling that angry bitter girl that sometimes inhibits my body coming out in a slightly United States of Tara way. I'll explain.
Two nights ago I stopped by my bff's house for a minute to drop something off on my way to hang out with new guy. As I was leaving my bff's, my ex was arriving. Unsure of whether to say hi or just keep walking, I casually glanced up as we passed each other in the driveway. However, whatever idea I'd entertained of being even the tinniest bit polite to this person was quickly diminished as he LOOKED THE OTHER WAY!!!
Are you kidding me?? First of all, I am nothing if not polite. It takes an awful lot of wrongdoing on your part for me to not be at the very least polite to you. And you've done a lot of wrong here lately, but because of our history I am still willing to be nice. Second of all, we are adults. I might not have helped the situation but I certainly didn't cause or create it. For someone who was so concerned with me hating you, you've certainly done a bang up job at preventing that!
Maybe part of my being angry has more to do with my reaction and less to do with his actions. I shouldn't care about this person. I shouldn't care that what he thinks of me or how he acts around me. But damn, I do.

No comments: